Winter is approaching fast in South Dakota – we have already seen our fair share of snow and it’s not even then end of October! While one would assume winter is a time for staying put and not generally the first season that comes to mind when buying a house – let me tell you why winter in Rapid City, South Dakota gives you the real estate advantage!
6 Reasons Why Buying Your Home in the Winter is Beneficial
- Less Competition – People aren’t very inclined to shop or sell in bad weather, which makes the market better for you!
- Lower Prices – Based on the reason above, prices are bound to be reduced since the demand is not there.
- Motivated Sellers – Since selling houses in winter is generally not considered favorable, sellers are more likely to be motivated to close as quickly as possible and have more flexibility negotiating.
- More Attentive Real Estate Agents – Agents simply don’t have as much going on in winter as in spring and summer, so you will enjoy a heightened level of attention from your agent.
- More Flexibility With Movers – Just like with agents, movers will have more availability to help you since it is not peak moving season.
- Chance to See How Home Withstands Harsher Temperatures – Many people who buy during the spring and summer months have to make assumptions as to how it will fare during colder months. You then have the opportunity to see exactly how it will hold up! For instance, it would be easy to spot drafty doors or windows – or perhaps where ice builds up on the exterior. These can be used as negotiating tools!